Doug White Hardwoods, Inc. is currently taking applications for a full time employee at our mill location. No Experience necessary we are willing to train the right individual. This is an opportunity to work with some of the most beautiful wood in the country. We are a family owned business that needs an individual who can perform numerous tasks during the day whether answering phone, taking orders or running an order. Multi-tasking is a must. Applicant needs to be reliable and professional at all times. For more information please call (618) 295-2155. For immediate consideration, please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completes assigned tasks using specified machinery and equipment in allotted time. Equipment may include fork lift, radial saws, edgers, planer, joiners, sanders, clamps etc.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment to manufacturer’s guidelines, check fluid levels and maintain equipment in working order.
- Operate fork lift to move and stack finished and unfinished lumber.
- Participate in established cross-training initiatives in other areas to support business goals and objectives.
- Maintains work area and equipment according to standards at all times.
- Knowledge of various species of wood
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be at least 18 Years of age and authorized to work in U.S.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving machinery and sawdust. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, lift, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, move, use hands to handle, feel or reach; to talk and to be able to hear over noise. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.